Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Superfly SS...YES!!!

I had to post about this. Two years ago, Gary Fisher raised the bar for geared 29er hardtails with their full carbon Superfly. I wanted one, but didn't need it as I rarely ride geared. Last year, they released a Superfly SS, and I "NEEDED" it. But, the catch was you had to be a dealer or employee to get one. And getting one was tough, even if you were a dealer or bike shop employee. I found out about them the day orders were due and begged owners and/or friends at 3 different shops to order up an extra size Medium. But, afraid of the Gary Fisher Police, no one was willing to help me out.

So, I've waited the last year for GF to make these available to the public. I am sooo glad I waited. The 2010 Superfly SS's have new graphics and (much more importantly) a vastly improved sliding dropout system. Thirty or so (in all sizes) were made available late last week and not even a week later I've got one. BIG thanks to Chris and Traci at the Alpine Shop for this!

The bummer is I'm travelling for work the next couple of days and will have to wait until the weekend to get it built and take it for a ride! Oh well, I waited a year just to get the frame...

1 comment: