Saturday, May 16, 2009

Alright

It has amazed me for the last several months that Madeleine can say “No” so well (and so frequently) but has never said “Yes”. She continues to avoid using the word “Yes” but has a new word, “Alright”. We are finding this very funny. Here are a couple of sample conversations.

Madeleine: I need milk
Me: You want some milk?
Madeleine: Alright (like it was my idea and she is consenting)

Jim: Madeleine, do you want to go get ice cream?
Madeleine in a very excited voice: DaDa, Ice Cream, Alright

And one today that didn't involve alright but was funny nonetheless.
Madeleine: Cookie, Cookie (after hearing me say I'm going to have a cookie)
Me: These are thin mints, I am not sure you will like it.
Madeleine after I hand her the cookie: I like it, I like it.

Here's a few recent pictures.

Madeleine loves sunglasses!


Hadley Smiling


No comments: