Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tour of MO and Snow

I keep waiting for Jim, whose idea it was to start this blog, to post something but instead it is me again. Today the 2009 route for the Tour of Missouri was announced. The good news is that it will start on Labor Day in St. Louis so we will get to see one stage. But it is heading east to west this year so that is all we will get to see. This year promises to be good too with the classification for the race going up a level. We were really spoiled the first year and went to 4 stages including the time trial in Branson. That was definitely a highlight as George Hincapie and Levi Leipheimer rode by about 4ft in front of me doing some pre-race scouting. Some riders last year, including Christian Vandevelde who won the race, said that the Branson time trial was the hardest they have done. I'm disappointed it is not on the race route this year and hope the race is good enough to come back in 2010.

Enough about cycling, I am really excited because we are finally getting some snow! I went out to run errands last night and actually really enjoyed driving in it. The roads (and stores) were empty and it was so pretty coming down. It is falling again tonight. It really makes me want to go skiing! It has been a few years but I think we are definitely going to try and plan a trip for next winter. I would like winter so much better if we had more snow and less cold rain.

The countdown has really begun at our house with the newest Krewet expected to arrive 4wks from tomorrow. Now we just have to start getting ready!

No comments: