Monday, December 8, 2008

St. Nicholas, Shopping and Illness

I’m laughing reading Jim’s post… he definitely said he was hanging up his bike until the beginning of the year. I can’t complain though as I am heading out two nights this week to an ornament exchange and book club. I’m also having a hard time believing how fast the end of the year is flying by. Friday night, St. Nicholas came to our house and brought Madeleine her Christmas PJs, a book and ornament. Now I know that for many people St. Nicholas is just another saint or he only brings candy but this has always been a big day for my family. Madeleine got the most enjoyment out of carrying around the gift bag that all the goodies came in. I’m sure the wrapping paper and boxes will be the big draws at Christmas!

Madeleine and I braved both the mall and Target this weekend even though I said I was never taking her shopping again. She did good at the mall but Target reinforced the shopping ban. At Target she decided she needed to walk which normally I would be happy about. However, the store was really crowded so I was not thrilled with this choice. Then the check out line was not moving fast enough for her and she laid down on the “clean” Target floor while in line. She also felt the need to touch everything we passed… so if anyone who went to the Kirkwood Wal-Mart on Sunday ends up with pink eye she’s probably the reason why.

Yep that’s right; Madeleine came down with pink eye over the weekend. She followed it up with a little throwing up last night. To top it all off she has a stubborn cold that will not go away. All I can say is that going to daycare is helping her build one heck of an immune system. Hopefully, she is getting all the illnesses out of the way and will be healthy for the holidays.


Madeleine and her St. Nicholas book:

No comments: