Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Red Bluff Camping Trip

So we haven't taken very many pictures lately so I haven't had a whole lot to post on the blog.  But last weekend we headed on our first camping trip of the year.  We had a great campsite with a grassy field and very few bugs.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  The kids really enjoyed playing in the Huzzah River.  Although they weren't so keen on the river after I told Jim I saw a snake and he announced to them that there was a snake.

Tommy refused to take a nap in typical camping style but did fall asleep walking around with Jim around dinner time. He followed that up with staying up until 10.
Just can't believe how grown up Madeleine looks in this picture.  Only 5 days of kindergarten left.

This totally captures Hadley's personality.
Hanging out around the campfire.
Relaxing in the camp chair
Madeleine chose the picnic table to relax on
Tommy kept pointing back up the river to float again.
I even got one float in but the water was too cold.
The riverbank is always fun too
Another fun game was throwing balls into the river for Hadley to grab
Tommy and Hadley riding their bikes.  The girls never got this balance bike but Tommy loves it .  Glad Jim didn't agree when I wanted to get rid of it years ago.

No comments: