Sunday, April 1, 2012

Summer is here!

Summer is here or at least it feels like it.  We did an Easter Egg Hunt today at Viz and it was very warm.  The last few years the Easter egg hunts have been very chilly.   The girls had fun hunting for eggs although it really isn't much a hunt since they are all laid openly in the grass.  Hadley sprinted to the very end of the field before she started picking up eggs.  Madeleine on the other hand filled her basket very quickly.  The only problem was all the chocolate in the eggs had melted.  It was very messy.  No one planned on 90 degree weather.

We also went on a bike ride this weekend.  Jim's mom came over to watch Tommy so I could go too.  It was a nice way to start the weekend.  We are looking forward to when Tommy is old enough to ride along too.  Although that will mean I will have to start towing Madeleine behind me.

Last weekend Jim and I headed south to Cancun with his work.  It was a our first trip away other than a night here and there.  It was so nice to have a few days to relax.  I loved sitting on the beach, reading a book, having a pina colada.   The kids stayed with my parents and had a good time.
Cancun
Stop at the park on the Saturday morning bike ride
Swinging
I think they were playing monster at this point
Picture with the Easter Bunny... Hadley was not scared at all this year.  I however am still slightly scared of the Easter Bunny.  That face just does not look friendly.
Hadley in the pink on the far end of the field
Showing off their eggs
Tommy and Jim
Cotton Candy!

No comments: