Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas 2011

So my goal in 2011 was to write more blog posts than 2010... I made it by one but 2012 is off to a bad start in terms of blogging.  I have a lot of catching up to do.  So here is the rest of December, Christmas and early January in pictures.  They are a little out of order due to working from two different cameras.

Christmas Eve - Madeleine loves to pose in that chair
I was so proud of the matching outfits I had for them.  Note from above that Madeleine didn't want to wear hers at first but then changed into it.  Poor Hadley had a stomach bug that she caught from Thomas and stayed in pjs all night.
The best family picture we could get.  Hadley really didn't want to look at the camera... but then again she was sick.
Hadley did perk up for presents (and cookies).  She opened this and announced she had always wanted it.  Good choice Uncle Seth.
The girls in their Christmas pjs, ready for Santa to come
All the presents Santa delivered.  Tommy was up long before the girls.   Thankfully he didn't mind waiting for them to wake up :) 
Tommy opening Christmas presents.  He really like to try and eat the paper.
Madeleine opened this and announced that Santa was so smart because she had seen this in the store but didn't put it on her list.  
Poor Hadley wasn't feeling very good for the Santa presents.  She did rebound after a little nap though.  Then she kept asking where she got things from.
Checking out the Nativity.  Hadley loves to pretend she is baby Jesus.
They all made it into their matching outfits for Christmas Day.  
Jim and Tommy on Christmas Day
Tommy hanging out with Uncle Dave after changing into his comfy clothes.  
Shooting off rockets at the lake... very exciting.  Thanks Uncle Dave!
Rocket Launch.  This was repeated later in the week at Queeny Park but those pictures must be on a phone and not one of the cameras.
Hanging out at the lake.  Poor Madeleine got the stomach bug shortly after this picture was taken.
Tommy in the stroller
Madeleine's first ice skating lesson.  I took her once over the break to try it out before her lessons started.  That was a workout for my back.
Madeleine on the ice 
Tommy trying his first baby food.  He didn't seem to care for it at first but now is eating good.
Picking out the 2011 Christmas tree.  We got rained out the day we were going to cut it down so went to the lot this year.
Something I never thought I would see... Mizzou vs William and Mary!
The girls at their first college basketball game.  They loved it.  The cheerleaders and dancers were a big hit.  Madeleine was a little confused as to why we were cheering for both teams.
Getting ready for our "Princess Carriage Ride" through Winter Wonderland.   The tree lot happens to be next to the carriage rides.  Madeleine saw them the night we picked out the tree.   I was able to get tickets for a week later.  It was also a rainy night but the carriages still go.
The carriage ride was a big hit.  I think we will definitely do again next year.
Checking out all the lights.
Just had to include this one.  Hadley passed out on the couch after getting home Christmas Day.

No comments: