Monday, March 22, 2010

Fishing, Biking, Hiking, and More

Lots and lots to talk about since the last post. Makes my fingers numb just thinking about it. So I'll get right on to pics. They're more fun anyways.

In February, Hadley discovered a new way to play. And Madeleine followed:



I had an overnight in Columbia in early March and decided to try and take the Katy connector to the Katy and get in some serious mileage. I had the KM with cross tires, lights, a Camelbak and more and was all geeked up for a long and late ride. ~4 miles in I ran into this. I tried riding through some neighborhoods to reconnect 2 bridges later, but got lost. So back to the truck and off to Flat Branch I was:



Tutu's and hiking shoes. A good look for sure:



Fun times at home:



St. Patrick day outfits and pre-school good times:



In early March, we headed to the Mill with Jim, Patty, and Connor. Gracie and Madeleine helped me try and catch fish, but no luck. I wrote it off as a little too early:



Hadley hanging out:



Madeleine giving Patty a good scare:



Connor and Jim checking out the damn:



Hadley's first bike ride ever! Madeleine telling her how much fun she was about to have:



On our way down Grant's Trail:



Mom on her first bike ride... in at least a year!:



Hadley loved the horses:



More horses:



St. Joe's, first MTB race of the season. Having not ridden much and afraid to take on 3 Expert laps, I entered SS class thinking "race to train." This wasn't a bad idea. Conditions sucked. Here's the aftermath:



This past Saturday we decided to head down to the St. Francois river to check out the MO Whitewater Champioships. We decided this was a good idea around 9:00 and were out of the house shortly after. It was a good idea, as the weather south of STL was beautiful.

Getting ready to head down to the river:



On the overlook with Madeleine:



Throwing rocks with Dad, Madeleine's favorite river activity:



Hadley and Mom back at the overlook:



Running back to the car:



Tree hugger:

No comments: