Sunday, December 6, 2009

25 Days Left

2009 is accelerating to a close. Lots happening and lots to write about but I'll keep it short and post a bunch of pics instead.

Thursday night we bundled the girls up and took them for a walk around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights. Madeleine is really into the lights this year, so that was a lot of fun. Hadley was so bundled up she couldn't move.

We're going to see lights!:



Uh, Hadley, are you cold?:



Friday night Madeleine (on my shoulders) and I walked up to Glendale City Hall to watch the tree lighting and meet Santa. The latter took forever.

No pics from this event.

Saturday we went and got a tree and then later that night Saint Nick came and left the girls their ornament, books, and Christmas pajamas.

I can stand, even in a fleece cocoon:



Cheese!:



See Hadley, Christmas time is fun! (I was tempted to title this "Deer in headlights"):



Cool, a new book!"



Madeleine, I'm going to eat that book when you're not looking:




Tomorrow is the opening of the second and final stretch of the massive 2 year Highway 40 project. For those not in St. Louis, ~8 (?) miles of the main artery running through the center of town was closed in 2 sections for 2 years while they redid the entire thing (roadway, ramps, bridges, etc.). The new stretch opens tomorrow and, like last year, MODOT allowed walkers (on westbound lanes) and bicyclists (on eastbound lanes) to enjoy it before the motorists. Also like last year, they held a Time Trial early in the AM. I've never done any sort of road race, but that was tempting. Would have made a good story years from now.

Today's even was pretty crowded, which was good to see. Madeleine and I saw everything from the standard runners and cyclists, to teenage BMX'ers ramping off the dividers to a woman on roller blades running her pair of whippets. Tomorrow's cars and trucks probably won't have as much fun.

One pushed, one pulled:



Heading west down the Bellevue exit ramp:



Hanley (not Hadley) in background:



Photo op:



Madeleine wanted to walk, for real:



Hadley had fun too. Mom was somewhere around. Also, note GORC Prez BA out checking to see if the new I-64 is up to IMBA specs:



It was pretty smooth:



So smooth it put Madeleine to sleep:



Family portrait. Note Madeleine's head is being propped up:



Hadley can someday tease Madeleine that she stayed awake the whole time and remembers it well:



Awake:



Yes Madeleine, people get to act weird when the highway is closed:



The festivities at Tamm Ave:



Later the same night, "Dr. Madeleine" giving Dr. Frank his shots:

No comments: