Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Go Mizzou!

Tomorrow Mizzou will be facing Memphis in the Sweet Sixteen and we are all very excited. It has been a little challenging trying to watch the games with Madeleine and Hadley but we have gotten to see the exciting moments. Thankfully Madeleine loves tv and basketball so she will sit through some of it. Her love of basketball comes from watching our 7th grade neighbor who has his friends over almost everyday to play. She really enjoys watching them and says basketball very cute. I'm sure they love having a 1 1/2 year old staring at them while they play! Here is us watching Mizzou win the Big 12 Championship.


In other Krewet news, I made my first trip alone with both of the girls besides going for a walk or picking Madeleine up at school. The thought of taking them both to a store was a little daunting but I could not pass up the chance to get to the Alpine Shop clearance sale right when they opened. Every year we have gotten great deals there and who can resist Patagonia 50% off the already marked down price. With Hadley in the Baby Bjorn and Madeleine on the loose, we picked up the only size 3T Patagonia coat, some 3T Patagonia pants, two Patagonia coats for me and one Cloudveil jacket for Jim all for the price of one of the Patagonia coats for me. The girls did great and today I braved the park with the two of them. That went well until it was time to leave. Madeleine kept telling me she needed "More Slide".


As the weather has been improving we have been spending more time outside. Madeleine absolutely loves being outside. I think she might be developing a little crush on the 3 yr old boy next door... either that or she is using him for his swing :) It is so cute to see her running around the yard this year. Madeleine's talking has really taken off in the last few weeks too. She repeats everything you say... thankfully she has not repeated Jim cussing yet. She also said her first sentence which happened to be "I need more". This sentence can be used for almost about anything including bathtime, milk, puffs, lotion and books.

Madeleine pushing Hadley in the swing... she says "Ready Go" just like Jim does to her. I got this picture right before I told her she really needed to stop pushing the swing.

Hadley at 5 weeks... hard to believe it has been 5 weeks already... also 5 weeks since I have slept more than 3 hrs in a row.


At the zoo

Madeleine dressed up Jim and Hadley in hats

No comments: