Saturday, February 21, 2009

Who Needs Sleep?

That song kept running through my head last night as apparently Hadley did not need to sleep! After Jim and I were saying last night that Hadley has been such a good baby so far and very easy, she decided to tell us we spoke to soon. Let's just say I think I slept for possibly 2 hours and it was not two consecutive hours . Hadley did decide to sleep for 3.5 hrs this morning. Of course, that was negated by the fact that she fell asleep right after Madeleine woke up. Hopefully tonight will be better!

Madeleine is doing fairly well adjusting to having a baby sister. In fact, she might be adjusting too well. At first she was scared to touch Hadley but now we are really having to stress being "gentle". She loves to get right in her face and yell "Hi Baby". It really is too cute. It is also cracking me up that she can say Hadley so well but really can't say her own name. Gracie came home today and Madeleine is making sure she does not get too close to Hadley. Madeleine was getting quite upset at Gracie and telling her to move when Gracie was investigating Jim holding the newest member of our household. The hardest thing has been that I can't lift Madeleine yet. It is so sad to see her walking around with her arms up and having to tell her that I can't hold her... which is usually followed by Madeleine laying down on the floor in tears. But we have been able to distract her from that fairly easily and I'm feeling better everyday so I don't think holding her is that far off.

Well I started this post on Saturday when both girls were sleeping but did not get to actually post because two girls sleeping can only last for so long. I am happy to report that Hadley did sleep last night and I did get one stretch of 2 hours in a row and only one long awake period.

Here are a few more pictures. Madeleine did not like the bouncy seat attachment bar when she was an infant but she sure is fascinated by it now.









1 comment:

Tara said...

I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well...although need a little more sleep. Hopefully, that will come soon! It looks like Madeleine is being a great big sister!! They're both adorable! I can't wait to see you guys again and meet Hadley!